The Four Seas Players is pleased to announce a two-day workshop of staging and acting for all members and friends. This workshop is highly recommended for all actors and aspiring directors and playwrights. You can attend one or both sessions, as different materials will be covered on each day.
This three-part workshop is part of a series of workshops [LET'S PLAY TOGETHER] designed by Liang-Tee Tue, covering different aspects of performing arts.
PIGS UNDERCOVER: A Menu Item
• Exercise various reading techniques to achieve clarity, projection
• Manipulate voice and speech tones in imaginative ways;
• Explore text; exploit text;
• Play beyond words
HARMONY AND CACOPHONY
• Understand energy and momentum; rhythm and tempo
• Energy leveling
• Energy flows on the stage
EARN YOUR POSITION ON THE STAGE
• Establish a basic language of communication on the stage;
• Define performing space; space and relationship
• Create basic conventional tableau patterns on the stage;
• Create recognizable familiar movement patterns on the stage.
Creator and Instructor:
Liang-Tee Tue was a former Artistic Director (1993-1998, 2004-2006) , and currently an honorary advisor of Four Seas Players. Tee is an acclaimed playwright and director in Canada. She left a very successful screenwriting career in Hong Kong for New York Theater in 1987, and earned a Masters in Theatre from Hunter College in 1989 with a focus on stylized theatres. Her creative work has won the support of NYSCA and Ontario Arts Council. LiangTee was an instructor in the La MaMa Umbria’s 2004 International Director’s Symposium. Her new play, The Last Dirty Show (working title), fuses Commedia and Chinese Opera conventions. Tee is a member of the Dramatists Guild of America.
Date: Saturday, October 22nd & Sunday, October 23rd.
Hour: 11am - 3pm.
Location: PS 124, The Yung Wing School, 40 Division Street, New York, NY 10002
Fee: $5 per day for 2011 dues-paid members; $15 for others
The communication in the classroom will be conducted in Cantonese supplemented in English. Students please bring your own notepad and writing tools.
For more information and inquries please contact Katen Ho: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (347) 746-7765